Projects per year
The Service Systems Design (SSD) research group is primarily working on service design from two different perspectives:
- A methodological perspective, which aims at defining methods and tools that can be used in the process of value co-creation and participation or for the definition of platforms, socio-technical ecosystems and interactions that would support the generation of value in services.
- A strategic perspective, which aims at redefining the role and competences of design in the social and economic transformation services can generate.
The SSD research group is contributing to the Service Design field by linking academic knowledge from other areas. More specifically, the group’s work is focused on:
- Design studies, design theory and strategic design,
- Participatory design, design anthropology and design for social change, with links to social and humanistic disciplines
- Interaction design, distributed systems and prototyping, with links to IT and Industrial Production studies
- System change and organization, which links to organization, marketing and management studies, but also to studies about urban change, policy making, and socio-technical changes.
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- The Technical Faculty of IT and Design - Business PhD
- Department of Architecture, Design and Media Technology - Business PhD
- Service Systems Design
01/10/2022 → 30/09/2024
BC4ECO: Blockchain for the Environment: Open Interdisciplinary Education on Generating Disruptive Change through Impactful DLT Applications
01/02/2022 → 31/01/2025
Conzilio, G., Karimi, M., Olmo, M. V. D., Costa, G. & Kehagia, O., 29 Jan 2022, In: Social Sciences. 11, 2, 54.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Journal article › Research › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Designing fine-grained and inclusive systems by integrating Service Design within Futures Studies and ForesightPeruccon, A. & Simeone, L., 20 Jul 2022, DMI: Academic Design Management Conference. 23 ed. 24 Thorndike Street, 2nd Floor Cambridge, MA 02141 USA: Design Management Institute, p. 755-769 15 p.
Research output: Contribution to book/anthology/report/conference proceeding › Article in proceeding › Research › peer-review
Starostka, J., de Götzen, A. & Morelli, N., 4 Nov 2022, (Accepted/In press) In: Policy Design and Practice.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Journal article › Research › peer-review
Torntoft, L. K. (Creator), Zenodo, 4 Jul 2018
Pedersen, J. S. (Producer), Torntoft, L. K. (Producer), Kun, P. (Producer), Tosoni, I. (Producer), Falk, P. (Producer), Aguilar, M. (Producer), Jansson, S. (Producer), Moro, A. (Producer), Ammentorp, P. (Producer) & Kihlsten, I. (Producer), Zenodo, 2018
Hallewell, Madeline (Recipient), Patel, Harshada (Recipient), Salanitri, Davide (Recipient), Picinali, Lorenzo (Recipient), Cobb, Sue (Recipient), Velzen, Jeena (Recipient), D'Cruz, Mirabelle (Recipient), Simeone, Luca (Recipient) & Simeone, Mauro (Recipient), 2022
Prize: Research, education and innovation prizes
How to design potential solutions for a cross-country platform that leverages students’ diversity: A user-centered design approach – and its challenges
D'Ettole, Giulia (Recipient), Bjørner, Thomas (Recipient) & De Götzen, Amalia (Recipient), 19 Aug 2020
Prize: Conference prizesFile
Simeone, Luca (Recipient), 2020
Prize: Educational prizes
Nicola Morelli (Lecturer)28 Jun 2022
Activity: Talks and presentations › Conference presentations
Press / Media
Louise Klitgaard Torntoft
1 item of Media coverage
Press/Media: Press / Media