In summary, we propose that:
• Airborne transmission of infectious diseases through virus-laden micro-droplets should be recognized as a valid route of transmission in occupied spaces (buildings and transportation).
• The measures given in the REHVA COVID-19 Guidance should be immediately applied to reduce the infection risks related to the present pandemic.
• Research funding agencies and industry should invest in developing practical technical solutions protecting against the airborne transmission of infectious diseases in indoor environments, buildings, and transportation means.Building codes, standards, and guidelines should be revised and updated to improve preparedness for future epidemics.
• The proposed actions will provide concurrent benefits for reducing the risk of airborne transmitted viral diseases and general health in times between epidemics.
|Scanvac - Scandinavian Federation of Heating, Ventilation and Sanitary Engineering Associations in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden
|Published - 2020
- Airborne transmission
- Airborne transmission of diseases
- corona virus