Projects per year
• To reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG)
• To reduce imported fossil fuels
• To utilise local resources and create local jobs
• To reduce the costs of energy towards 2050
This transition faces many challenges from a variety of different perspectives, including:
• Technology: The development of new technologies and infrastructures, which will enable us to utilise renewable energy resources.
• Business: The design of new markets, products, services, and industries so that these new technologies can be implemented.
• Policy: The creation of new policy and institutions which will promote the most beneficial technologies for society, so that they are also the most profitable investments for these new businesses.
This brochure focuses on the Technology phase of this transition, by outlining how it will be possible to provide society using 100% renewable energy before 2050, at a lower cost than fossil fuels.
|Number of pages
|Published - Jul 2013
- Smart energy
- Smart grids
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'Smart Energy Systems: Holistic and Integrated Energy Systems for the era of 100% Renewable Energy'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- 4 Finished